Friday, August 21, 2009

Back to School

Apple cake bites for you teachers out there! Yummo! The books that are holding the cake pop were two of my Grandma Nixon's that she used in her high school days...



Well, it's that time of year again! School is almost back in session. The teachers are putting up their bulletin boards, writing the students names on their cubbies, preparing for that first day of school... ahh... a fresh start! This will be the first year that I'm not taking part in the excitement and rush of the new school year.

Three years ago, I was preparing my Pre-Kindergaten classroom, and finishing up home visits. Two years ago, I was moving to the first grade and trying to learn the new curriculum, but oh, was I excited! Then, last year, I moved to Kindergarten, and yes, it was by far the best. I was beside of my long time mentor, and worked with the best Kindergarten team around. I was also pregnant and about to pop! I had 26 in my classroom, and it kept me busy! This year, things have changed gears quite a bit. I am a stay at home mom and loving every minute. I'm going to miss the rush of the first part of the year, but being with my sweet Stella is worth more than words can say... Best wishes to all your teachers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...